PETRONAS
n

1985-1999

1985-1999

In 1989, then President, the late Tun Azizan Zainul Abidin, launched the PETRONAS Shared Values of Loyalty, Integrity, Professionalism and Cohesiveness. These values remain deeply entrenched within the Company's most valuable asset, our people.

1985-1999

Our first successful international venture into Vietnam in 1991 marked the beginning of our globalisation journey, thanks to the direction of our visionary leaders and our inherent pioneering spirit.

1985-1999

The groundbreaking ceremony for the PETRONAS Twin Towers took place in 1992. The towers, designed by renowned Argentine American architect Cesar Pelli, have one of the world’s deepest foundations at 120 metres and remain the tallest twin towers in the world.

1985-1999

We received delivery of our first commissioned LNG carrier, Puteri Intan, built in 1994 in France.

1985-1999

PETRONAS’ wholly-owned subsidiaries, PETRONAS Dagangan Berhad and PETRONAS Gas Berhad were added to the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange (KLSE) listing in 1994 and 1995 respectively.

1985-1999

Our first foray into the F1 arena was our partnership with the Red Bull Sauber PETRONAS F1 Racing Team in 1995, an opportunity that saw us gain valuable brand exposure and propelled advances in our fuel and lubricant R&D.

1985-1999

We acquired a 30% interest in Engen Ltd, South Africa in 1996. Two years later, we acquired the remaining 70% interest, making Engen a fully-owned subsidiary of PETRONAS.

1985-1999

Our first discovery in Vietnam was the Ruby oil field in 1998, an achievement that spurred us on to become a major oil and gas industry player.

1985-1999

We introduced the first Malaysian natural gas powered prototype taxi, the Enviro 2000, in 1998. Today, we have 120 stations equipped to retail natural gas for vehicles.

1985-1999

Our overseas foray included Sudan, where we participated in the development of oil project in the Muglad Basin.

1985-1999

The PETRONAS Twin Towers were officially opened by then Prime Minister, YABhg Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, on 1 August 1999.

1985-1999

PETRONAS Syntium, a 100% synthetic performance lubricant, was launched for the Sauber PETRONAS F1 team.