The PETRONAS Pre-Employment Programme for Overseas Talents (POTS) is among our initiatives which supports the expansion of the Company’s global talent pool. Through POTS, we aim to achieve the following:
- Building global talent pool to drive and grow the business
- Developing an integrated talent value chain for business agility
- Producing the right leaders to uphold the culture of sustaining high performance
Successful applicants will undergo in-house training for a period of 18 months, equivalent to a postgraduate programme, held at University Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia. Upon completion of the training, applicants will be awarded one of the following disciplines:
- MSc. in Advanced Process Control
- MSc. in Asset Management & Maintenance
- MSc. in Drilling Engineering
- MSc. in Petroleum Engineering
- MSc. in Petroleum Geoscience
- MSc. in Process Integration
- Instilling the importance of understanding and managing cultural diversities.
- Developing the right mindsets, values, beliefs and behaviors to face any challenges in their future career.
Pursue training at a world-class learning institution, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS
Distinctive leadership simulations to enhance capability and skills.
Dissertation & Job Attachment
- Upstream business
- Downstream business
- Duration: 6 months
Upon successful completion of POTS, candidates have the opportunity to work with PETRONAS in the following areas:
- Chemical engineering
- Petroleum engineering
- Process engineering
- Other technical areas
- Bachelor’s Degree Geoscience/Geology, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Petroleum Engineering or related disciplines with minimum CGPA of 3.00 or Second Class Upper or equivalent.
- Completed one of the following English Proficiency Test not more than two (2) years prior to the date of application.
- IELTS with a minimum score of 6.0.
- A minimum score of 550 for Paper Based Test (PBT)
- A minimum score of 220 for Computer Based Test (CBT)
- A minimum score of 80 for Internet Based Test (IBT)